Wednesday 17 July 2013

A day in the life of...


Yeah... So this is basically how my Tuesday went.
I like to think I'm a fairly decent, nice guy... and I rarely post anything about my personal life as I think shit like that should be kept personal but this... Well, it annoyed me more than anything I guess.
It wasn't like it was a date or anything. It was just to hang out!
I know we all have our own shit and reasons for doing things... But I kept I spent ages trying to contact the person in question and was getting no response at all. So little response that I thought there might have been something wrong with my phone.
No common decency says that if you have no intention of going to meet someone, you let them know BEFORE they have gone and spent the money on tickets to see you. I know £16.90 might not seem a lot to most folk. Hell it didn't to me at one point. But times are harder these days and I'm struggling enough as it is without doing something which is effectively like flushing the money down the toilet.
Now I could even take NOT being told that she wasn't going to meet me before I bought a ticket.
BUT
Just plain old good manners should dictate that you reply to a text message and/or phone call to say that you're not coming BEFORE the other person has spent 3 hours in a city not their own.

I'm not even angry about it anymore. I'm sure at some point in the future, I may even be able to look back on this and laugh. But not today. Not for the foreseeable future.

Right now, more than anything else? I feel let down and hurt.

People are funny things.

Oh, as for the travel anxiety I mention? That's a LOOOOOONG story but it's a hell of a lot more common than you might think.

CFCC end of August. Come buy Lou Scannon comics.

Much love.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment